What is iridology and how does it work?
A Definition of Iridology
Iridology can be defined as the science of observing, studying and analyzing signs in the iris (the colored part of the eye). The iris signs reflect the genetic inherited pattern in constitutions, together with structural, color and neurological changes that occur within the iris over a period of time. These signs may indicate abnormal tissue conditions.
Iridology is simply an analytical process used as a diagnostic technique to complement any health care science or approach. The iridologist assesses structure and color variations, as well as markings that occur in the colored part of the eye.
An iridology assessment provides the trained iridologist with information about the root causes of ailments, strengths and weaknesses of all organ systems and tissues within the body, as well as genetic inherited disease patterns. So it provides information about the over all state of health.
A great advantage of iridology is that it also provides information about the status of vital processes in the body. By vital processes we mean both disease causing (e.g. poor waste clearance) and health maintaining processes (e.g. blood circulation) . It allows the practitioner to detect signs of biochemical and physiological needs and changes in the body before symptoms of disease appear.
Iridology thus provides the iridologist with a basic framework to describe the pathway to a current illness or disease and to explain the course of past or future disease processes. In this way it can help you to understand your basic health issues and enlighten you about improving your health as well as taking preventative health measures.
of Southern Africa in 2006 to reflect our expanding national and regional reach.
The position of iridology in medicine and health care
Iridology is not a treatment or therapy in itself but an analistic modality used in conjunction with a medical history, physical examination and other corroborating evidence, to decide appropriate treatments or therapies. As such iridology should be used by practitioners with recognized medical or complementary health care qualifications relevant to their country or region.
Iridology offers several advantages to the health practitioner who includes it in practice:
- Iridology is a safe, powerful, non invasive tool that can be used by practitioners.
- In primary health care, iridology is a most valuable technique. It is extremely cost effective and as it provides immediate information, no time is wasted.
- Iridology signs will often be present long before gross pathology is observed, and can therefore be used effectively in the implementation of preventative health care.
- Iridology signs will often be present long before gross pathology is observed, and can therefore be used effectively in the implementation of preventative health care. Problems can be observed up to 6 years before it manifest in the body.
- Iridology may provide information about vital processes in the body, so that signs of biochemical and physiological needs and can be detected before the appearance of symptoms. This includes information about tissue changes, toxic deposits, poor circulation and poor waste clearance.
- Iridology may provide information about vital processes in the body. is not a psychic or spiritual analysis.
Because iridology provides an overview of the over all state of health (including present and inherited disease patterns) it provides a valuable framework for assessing future limitations and potential’s of a patient’s health.